Skip to main content

Day 34

18/04/2020 Saturday

Out of milk. The TESCO delivery didn't bring any milk last night. So decide to go to the post office nearby. Only four persons at a time is allowed in the shop. Sounds good. Luckily they just have a batch of milk arrived. Everyone except me wears gloves. No one except me wears a mask.

It's good to walk outside. The trees are greener with more leaves on and flowers are in blossom.

From Quora:

22-year-old male college student here tested positive for COVID-19
The first thing I have to say is that I am not a doctor. All of these are my perspectives.
My family and I tested positive for COVID-19 about 2 weeks from today (Tuesday, April 14th). It started out with my father, and slowly everyone in our 5-person family, my fiance, and her roommate contracted the virus.
To start it off, I imagine we all had the coronavirus and didn’t know it yet. Once my father tested positive for COVID-19, my fiance and I stopped seeing each other for 4 or 5 days. I started experiencing symptoms a few days in, and after 4 or 5 days of not seeing one another, so did my fiance.
The first 8 or 9 days of experiencing symptoms, it felt a lot like the flu. I had experienced a sore throat, intense headache, and fever (101 deg F) on day 1, and shortly afterward, had a lot of trouble sleeping due to chills and heavy fatigue. I couldn’t really do much at all but lay on the couch, sit with my computer, and watch Youtube. I tried to do schoolwork, but I ended up experiencing heightened symptoms of chills, headache, fever, fatigue, and lack of energy (almost like walking pneumonia).
Maybe 4 or 5 days in, I stopped tasting anything and lost my sense of smell. This was by far the strangest part of having coronavirus, and it was the dead giveaway as I had never experienced anything like it before. I literally could not taste a thing, and it happened all at once. Unfortunately, our family had steak, spaghetti, wine, roast beef, and other great foods that week, and I couldn’t taste a thing. I love BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays), and I cover all of my food in it (life of a college student). I couldn’t taste or smell a thing. I tried the same with chili powder. I could feel the heat and kick, but still no taste. These senses started coming back a little slower than they first came on around day 11 or 12.
I didn’t experience shortness of breath much except for when I went on a 0.5-mile walk and began coughing and had deeper breathing. My mother and fiance both experienced this symptom in which they stated that it felt like someone was pushing in on their chest and they felt like they were breathing from a straw. This is the scary symptom of COVID-19, and as far as I know, it is the main concern that doctors have. The doctors we talked to stated that if you couldn’t get from your bed to the bathroom without being winded, you should go to the ER.
I’ve seen 7 different cases of coronavirus by now and have heard of a few others in our area. Please reach out if you have any particular questions about my personal experience. Here are a few reality tips I have taken away from having coronavirus…

Comments