Skip to main content

Day 4

19/03/2020 Thursday, Cloudy

Out of milk. Need to to go to TESCO, plus a trip to Chinese shop for sauces and noodles. Milk for breakfast and noodles for simple lunch.

The Chinese shop will not open until 10:30. So I go to Tesco first. So many cars in the car park. Just before the entrance, an English man with red face shouts at me: "Fucking masks! Your culture caused it. Your cultrue caused it" He's obviously angry. And I reply firmly, "You should stay away from me if you're so scared." I ignore him and continue with my shopping.

In retrospect, I probably should say, "The mask is for mutual protection. It blocks potential transmissions both ways." Maybe even better if I empathise with him, "I hate the virus as much as you do and I hate those who eat wild animals and bring the virus to human. Thousands of Chinese died and millions suffered. Do you think those people not hate them?"

Anyway, need to be careful. If it deteriorates, more people lose their jobs. The mob will arise and attack.

Comments